Our Policy on Using Personal Data of Our Guests From Europe
We, the NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ART, take your privacy seriously. As you buy tickets or sign up for our art events via ticket agents and visit our museums or attend our events, we collect and use your personal data. When we do so, we undertake to comply with applicable data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Below is our policy on how we collet, use and protect your personal data.
We may, from time to time, amend, add to, or delete part of this policy. You can obtain the latest version at the following link:
1. PERSON IN CHARGE
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto
- The National Film Archive of Japan
- The National Museum of Western Art
- The National Museum of Art, Osaka
- The National Art Center, Tokyo
When one of our museums collects and uses your personal data, we, the INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATIVE INSTITUTION NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ART are the data controller in the meaning of the GDPR and are responsible for protecting your rights with personal data.
2. PURPOSE AND LAWFUL BASIS (why and on what lawful ground we use your personal data)
As you buy tickets or sign up via ticket agents for our events including exhibitions, workshops, lectures and gallery talks, and visit our museums or attend our events, we collect and use the following categories of you personal data:
- Your name, in case of a group, name of contact person;
- Your mail address, in case of a group, mail address of contact person;
- Your phone number, in case of a group, phone number of contact person;
- Your age; and
- Any other categories of your personal data we request you to disclose as relevant for the particular event you participate in.
We use your personal data above for the following purposes:
- Notifying you of any change of event schedule, venue or other important information when such notification is for your convenience or is necessary in order to appropriately organize and operate the event;
- Identifying you on your arrival at the venue of the event;
- Verifying your age and eligibility for the event; and
- Any other purposes you particularly consented to in advance.
We collect and use your personal data as described above on the lawful ground that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you regarding providing you with our respective services.
3. SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Where we collect and use sensitive categories of your personal data as defined in Articles 9 and 10 of the GDPR, we will obtain your prior and explicit consent thereto, unless we are required to do so in order to perform our statutory obligations or to protect vital interest of you or other person in emergency.
4. SOURCE (from whom we obtain your personal data)
We obtain your personal data from our ticket agents that provide ticket-booking services for our events.
5. RETENTION (how long we keep your personal data)
We will keep your personal data until the end of each event you participate in. In case of serial events, we keep them until the final installment is concluded. Thereafter we will discard or anonymize them within a reasonable period of time, so that you can no longer be identifiable.
6. DISCLOSURE (with whom we share your personal data)
We may share your personal data with our service providers who help us organize and operate our events, including outsourced receptionists, couriers, information and communication technology vendors. We protect your rights regarding your personal data by means of data processing agreements in compliance with Article 28 of the GDPR with our service providers, which impose data security and confidentiality obligations on them.
We will not disclose your personal data to anybody else without your prior consent, unless we are required to disclose them to competent public authorities under legal obligation.
7. TRANSFERS TO NON-EU COUNTRIES
We will not transfer your personal data to any third-countries without your prior consent, unless we are required to do so by any legal under legal obligation.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Provided that certain conditions are met, you have legal rights to request from us the following:
- Access to your personal data and to certain supplementary information covered by this notice;
- Correction of your personal data if inaccurate or incomplete;
- Erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Suspension of using your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Stopping processing your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- Obtaining your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and computer-readable format.
If you wish to exercise your right, please contact us.
You can lodge complaints about our way of processing your personal data with data protection supervisory authorities.
For further information and inquiry, contact:
Independent Administrative Institution National Museum of Art